Q: What could be cause my car not to move when I put it in gear?

The situation is this, the car simply won't move on any gear but you can feel it wants to by the sound change of the engineand that little push you feel as it goes into gear but instead of moving the engine just revs and there's this whirring sounds that comes as soon as you take off your foot from the brake and try to accelerate. The whole thing just feels like I have a car without wheels. Please what could be the problem?

I think your transmission has failed internally. You may need to have it towed to a transmission mechanic for a transmission replacement or rebuild. If you would like to have one of our technicians give you a second opinion in person, our mechanics can take a look at your vehicle to inspect your transmission for any internal damage before you have it towed. If it is just a loose linkage, you may still be able to have the car repaired without replacing the transmission.