Q: Squealing noise coming from the rear right side

When I start and begin my journey the car squeals; also when I slightly press on the brake pedal I can hear it. The squealing noise is only there for first couple of moments. The noise seems to be coming from back rear wheel. I recently bought the car. Any advice or suggestions welcomed

A: Hey there. You could simply need a brake pa...

Hey there. You could simply need a brake pad replacement, or there may be some hardware in the brake that is not sitting exactly where is should and makes a noise as soon as the disk starts to turn. Disk brakes can be noisy for a variety of reasons and at 168,000 miles it could really be any number of things. The good news is that it's probably not going to be a big deal to fix. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to check your brakes and move forward with any needed repairs.