Q: How much should it cost to repair an airbag controller?

The airbag light flashes on my Nissan Cube. The Nissan dealer inspection states the following: "Codes B1035 and B1036 crash sensor and ABU need airbag controller." How much should it cost to repair this? And is this something I need to repair?

Thanks, Louis

Hello - yes, by all means this should be repaired! Without it, your airbag is just dead weight in the vehicle, and offers no protection in the event of a crash. Was the vehicle in an accident which damaged the crash sensor? If so, having it evaluated by a reputable paint and body shop is a good idea for other, possibly safety-related damage. For the airbag controller and crash sensor repairs, check with a reputable paint and body shop, or your Nissan dealer for estimates and these repairs. Air bag controllers require specialized equipment and software to properly repair and reset. An improper repair here is actually dangerous to the driver, whether in a crash or not.

3. How much should it cost to repair an airbag controller?