Q: Vehicle won't start. Battery no longer charges.

My SUV used to need jumps everyday because the battery would died. About 1 month ago the battery just wouldnt charge anymore. Now the car won't crank. Could it be the alternator belt?

A: Hey there, thank you for asking about your ...

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2008 Lexus RX350. Your car's alternator is responsible for charging the vehicle. When the car is running, the alternator and voltage regulator work to maintain the charge in your battery. When the alternator or the voltage regulator are not working properly, your battery will eventually not hold a charge any longer and will not allow the car to start or crank. The problem could be with just one of these parts or a combination of them. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to inspect why your battery will not hold a charge and replace the alternator or voltage regulator.