Q: Oil cooler replacement

My mechanic is telling me the engine cooler is showing signs of sweating the housing was replaced last year. i see no evidence of oil leakage at this time. He told me over 6 months ago.

You could have the oil cooler cleaned off with brake cleaner first then dried. After this, then add oil leak detector dye to the engine oil and then drive vehicle a few days and check for oil leaks with a black light leak detector and special glasses to see what is leaking or if there is no leaks. If you want to have a second look at this, a technician from YourMechanic can perform an oil leak detection test for you and determine if your car needs a oil cooler replacement.

3. Oil cooler replacement