Click no start ranger 1994 ford l4-2.3l

Q: Click no start

asked by on November 13, 2017

Went to the store, came out and just a click when I turned the key to start the engine. Replaced the starter and sylinoid. Checked the battery and the ignition switch and everything checks out. I am thinking it is an electrical issue.

A loud click under the hood says the starter solenoid is engaging, but the starter is not turning. A light click under the dashboard says a relay is tripping, but the power is not getting to the starter. Since you’ve replaced the major components, a point to point voltage drop test is in order to verify all of the cables and connections. If you don’t know how that’s done it’s a little more involved than I can explain here, but you can get it done by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your starting problem and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.