Q: my headlights are not working again.

asked by on December 26, 2016

hello Joseph hope you are doing fine . i just want to ask you about my 2014 ford mustang headlights so what happened is that both of my HID Xenon got overheat I think and burnt the plastic inside the headlight so i purchased 2 headlights assembly and installed them and after 3 days of usage the same problem happened so what should i do should i change the HID bulbs or change the ballast

Hi there. If the headlights are burning out a few days after replacing them, there could be an electrical short in the wiring for the lights causing them to overheat or the ballast resistor is not working causing the headlights to overheat. I recommend replacing the ballast resister first to see if the lights work normal or continue to burn out. If you have replaced the ballast resister and the headlights continue to burn out, then look for a loose ground wire or a wire burning within the harness to another circuit. If you need further assistance with your headlights burning out, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.