Q: toyota avensis transmission range sensor p0705 error registered when check engine

the transmission range sensor error is detected on and off from the diagnostics, there is no problem is the gear lever shifting but the fuel consumption is high.

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

The transmission range sensor error on your car is indicating a problem with the transmission range sensor circuit. Reduced fuel economy is a common symptom of this fault. This could be caused by a failed range sensor, bad connection at the sensor or at the computer, or a wiring issue. This should be left to a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who can accurately diagnose the cause of this fault, ensuring that you aren’t replacing unnecessary parts.

• toyota avensis transmission range sensor p0705 error registered when check engine