Q: Noise and shaking after the car is put into gear, coolant light on

In the last few weeks, I've been having problems with the car making noise and shaking. I don't have problems starting the car, not has it ever overheated. However, I've noticed a dragging noise and a bit of shaking after I start the car and put it in gear. Also, the dash has been showing the coolant light on. The noise and shaking would disappear at higher speeds and when the RPMs increase. What might be the problem?

You’ll need to check the coolant level before driving further. I would also have the mechanic check for a blown head gasket (which would cause the uneven running), and to make sure nothing under the vehicle is dragging. It is possible that engine damage from low coolant has occurred even though you didn’t notice overheating. If you would like to have this diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise, shaking, and coolant light.

3. Noise and shaking after the car is put into gear, coolant light on