Q: Advice on replacing the positive battery cable on a '95 Ford Mustang GT

I have a '95 Ford Mustang GT. When I got to pick up my brother from work last night, it cranked, but it wouldn't start. After messing with the positive battery cable, a few cranks later, it started. Do I need to replace the cable or not? Thanks.

Yes, definitely replace the cable. It was a design flaw on those, and as they get old, they short out internally. It happens all the time. And don’t just get those cheap splice kits and put it in and done. Buy the whole cable assembly. You don’t have to buy it at Ford, the aftermarket places sell them. But you’ve got to buy the new cable that’s new and sealed. This way you won’t have to think about buying it for years and years.

3. Advice on replacing the positive battery cable on a '95 Ford Mustang GT