Q: my car cannot move even on drive or reverse. it is not responding to gears

my car is not moving but the engine is running.

Hi there. It sounds like there could be a serious transmission issue at hand. However, there are a few other possibilities: a broken shifter cable or switch assembly. Does the gear indicator change when the shifter is moved? If not, then there could definitely be an issue with the cable or switch on the transmission. If the gear indicator changes with the shifter, then there is probably an internal issue with the transmission. Check the fluid level and condition, if possible. If there is no fluid on the dip stick, then that is a definite problem and a guarantee that there is internal damage. If there is fluid, but it is very dark or black, then the fluid is probably burnt and the internal clutch packs have been damaged. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not move inspection.

3. my car cannot move even on drive or reverse. it is not responding to gears