Q: Car squeals

I bought a car, and the owner said he put a new tensioner on it, but said it was the short arm tensioner. The car squeals as a result.

Hi. The automatic tensioner in your vehicle is a one piece design. It comes mounted onto a bracket, if it is replaced completely. It is possible to only replace the pulley and bearing, but if the issue is with the tension spring, replacing the pulley will not repair it. A weak spring will cause the belt to slip and squeak. The only repair is to replace the whole assembly. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the squealing noise and suggest an appropriate repair.