Q: My Enclave has 160 K miles on it and It's time for a new serpentine belt.The car has a thumping sound when I drive it.i turned the

The car runs good but has this thumping sound from the front of the engine. It sounded like I had a bad out of round tire but as I stated above, I turned the car off doing 40 mph and the thumping stopped. When I turned it back on the thumping returned so I know it's not the tires.i thought it might be the serpentine belt or the serpentine torsion pulley being too worn, not sure, just guessing.Please advise, thanks

The fact that this sound disappears suggests that it could be potentially a loose motor mount depending on how severe the thumping sound is. If the serpentine belt has not yet been replaced with 160,000 miles on it, it is definitely time to replace it and check the pulleys as well for potentially worn bearings as well. I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the noise firsthand and help you repair it as necessary.

3. My Enclave has 160 K miles on it and It's time for a new serpentine belt.The car has a thumping sound when I drive it.i turned the