Q: Car won't turn off; can't get key out of ignition

When I try to turn off my car, it will not turn off completely and I can't get key out of the ignition.

If your car is not turning off, and you are unable to remove the key, that may be sign that the ignition lock, or possibly switch, has gone bad. A failed ignition lock or switch can sometimes fail, and jam mechanically, leaving you unable to insert, turn, or remove the key. I would recommend having the ignition lock examined by a knowledgeable technician, such as one from YourMechanic, so that the proper repair can be made.

3. Car won't turn off; can't get key out of ignition