Q: Car want start

asked by on February 05, 2018

Car never gave me any problems I just replace the right tail light after someone backed into me and busted it started the car up started no problem I noticed that the lights on the dash we're on but the gauges or not moving I started backing up out of the garage and I started messing with the lights try to see if I can get them to come on because they look dim I turned off the car try to restart it in the motor just keeps turning over but wont start I try to put it in neutral wont come out of park I tried several times start the car every 4th attempt the car were cut on for 2 seconds then Cuts back off cut ..any help

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. If the warning light is on, to temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. If the engine cranks at adequate RPM, be sure there is adequate fuel in the fuel tank and that the fuel is not old. Download any OBD-II trouble codes that have been stored and examine those codes for diagnostic clues. Check for adequate fuel pressure, injector operation, and a spark at the spark plugs. Basically, if the starter motor is turning the engine over rapidly, at sufficient RPM, but the engine does not catch and run, that means that there is an ignition, fuel, air induction, or mechanical fault in the engine that will have to be repaired. Check for vacuum leaks, an air induction fault like a stuck idle air control valve or, considering fuel, check for a failed temperature sensor that must be working properly to signal the PCM to enrich the mixture on cold start. Other possible no start faults are low compression, failed fuel pump, defective spark plugs, a defective coil(s), a failed crankshaft or camshaft position sensor, a failed throttle position sensor, and a broken timing belt. Regardless of the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you promptly. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr