Q: What does it mean if the Overdrive Cancel Light is on in the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the Overdrive Cancel Light is on in the dash?

Your car’s transmission is equipped with an overdrive gear that’s used for normal highway driving (at speed). However, you can turn overdrive off by pressing the button on the gearshift. This will turn off overdrive and turn on the grade assist system. It will also turn on the Overdrive Off Light in the dash of the car.

Tips

• Use the grade assist system when you need different performance from the engine because of hills.

• Turn overdrive back on when normal driving conditions are present.