Q: Does the catalytic converter have to be removed in order to change the oil pan gasket? 2001 Mazda Tribute

asked by on February 11, 2017

I have a 2001 mazda tribute with a 3.0 litre v6 engine. does the catalytic converter have to be removed before attempting to change out the oil pan gasket?

Oil Pan Gasket Replacement $187.84 - $534.97 Get a Quote

Hi there - yes, it is necessary to remove the exhaust manifold and catalytic converter (1 integrated piece) for the front cylinder bank to remove the oil pan and it’s gasket. This is an unfortunate result of the tight packaging in modern vehicles, but thankfully, not required often. For assistance, I recommend an oil pan gasket replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.