Q: Clutch won't engage. Replaced master cylinder ... Still not working

Clutch just stopped working when driving down the road. Clutch won't engage. Replaced master cylinder ... Still not working.

A: Hello. I usually start by checking the move...

Hello. I usually start by checking the movement of the clutch slave cylinder when the pedal is pushed in.

If the slave cylinder is not moving, then the hydraulic system is at fault, which can be due to air in the system or in the slave cylinder.

If the slave cylinder is moving fine, then the clutch itself has failed and will need to be replaced.

If it is a clutch problem, then you will need to take the vehicle to a transmission specialist.