Q: I shifted my Jeep from 4Hi to 4lo and when I put it in drive the tires are not moving.

asked by on December 12, 2016

I was going up a hill and was getting stuck so I put the car in neutral and shifted to 4lo and backed up but when I tried to put it in drive.. The tires are not moving
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Does the engine just rev and the vehicle does not move? Generally this indicates some kind of slip in the transmission but may also be caused by a low fluid level. Have the fluid level and condition checked first and if the level and condition are ok, suspect a problem i the transmission. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your vehicles transmission or transfer case concerns and offer a more personal diagnosis.