Q: No start anti-theft light blinks a code 1-6

asked by on February 17, 2017

I acquired a2001 ford expedition, it had no keys, I had keys made keys work but car still wont start.. rechecked keys, their good I think .car just turns over, still wont start.... its cost me a bunch of money already...

Your anti-theft light is blinking due to the theft system is activated and will not allow the vehicle to start. The code 16 is not something that is used by mechanics in the field but was used by engineers in the design of the system. A mechanic will need to scan the system for codes. I can tell you the key that is not coded to the truck will need to be programmed by the factory/ dealer scanner so the theft system sees the correct key that is programmed is used to start the vehicle.