2002 Dodge Ram 1500 won't start and has new motor 2002 v8...

Q: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 won't start and has new motor

asked by on October 11, 2017

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 motor that won't start. It has a new motor , crank shaft, cam shaft, and checked wires , checked for spark, and I checked the fuses . It still won't start any advice

Hi Kim. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several items that cause an engine to not start, but sometimes it’s best to consider the two main reasons why an engine won’t start - fuel deliver or ignition failure. If the engine will crank over but will not ignite, it’s either due to a fuel system failure - ranging from the engine not getting enough or the right ratio of fuel to air. This could be caused by a faulty fuel pump, clogged fuel lines, filters, fuel injectors, throttle body and mass air flow sensor. The other possibility is that the engine is unable to ignite the fuel vapor, caused by ignition timing component failure, or actual ignition parts - like several you’ve already replaced. The best advice I can offer is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help diagnose the root issue.