Q: My car is vibrating during acceleration

When I push on my gas pedal for my car to speed up, I feel my car shaking as I accelerate. This is most noticeable on the freeway at high speeds.

Hello. There are a few things that can cause this. The most common on your vehicle is either a bad engine mount or CV axle. I start by making sure that the Check Engine Light is not on. This lets me know if the problem is actually related to the power train, such as an engine misfire. If the light is not on and if there are no codes then I would proceed to inspecting the engine mounts. If they are worn out then the engine can move while accelerating. This will cause the vibration you are experiencing. If the mounts are fine then the axles need to be checked. Any excessive play in the joints, typically the inner joints, indicates a bad axle. If those are fine also then the suspension needs to be checked for any worn out bushings. If you would like to have your car’s vibrating issue inspected, consider having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic check out your vehicle.

3. My car is vibrating during acceleration