Q: The P0010 error keep coming up and my car keeps jumping, and turning itself off and on while I drive sometimes.

I was reading up on the issue and I do not understand exactly what to do with my issue. I was told I had the P0010 error and it might be electrical. I had to take my car to the shop for repair and when I got it back the engine light was on and I was receiving the error message. My car jumps and turns on and off by itself sometimes while I'm driving and/or stops at a red light. Is there anything I can do on my own to fix this problem?

Hello, thanks for writing in. If you took your vehicle in for repairs, and it was returned with a check engine light then I would immediately return to the shop and have them take care of the issue. If the light was not on before then it may be possible that the work they have done may have caused the light to come on. A car that will turn on and off on its own is usually a sign of a wiring issue. As this sort of issue can seriously compromise the vehicle’s reliability, I would take it back as soon as possible. Code P0010 refers to the the variable valve timing in your car.

• The P0010 error keep coming up and my car keeps jumping, and turning itself off and on while I drive sometimes.