Q: The code read P0341, how do I know if it's the chain or the cam sensor?

My VSA and check emissions light came on, so I went to O'Reilly's to have them scan it to see what the problem was. The code came back, and the guys said it was P0341 and that it said I needed a new Cam Sensor. After doing a lot of research after I got home, I noticed that a lot of people replaced this to only find out they really needed their chain replaced. How do I know if I should replace the sensor, or if I should get the chain looked at?

A: There is a technical service bulletin for t...

There is a technical service bulletin for the Acura TSX stating that the code may be caused from the timing chain getting stretched until the tensioner cannot keep it tight any longer. This is a result of not getting oil changes on a regular basis, causing premature wear.

If you owned your car since new and never missed an oil change, then you may just have a cam sensor problem. Otherwise you should have the chain wear checked, and if necessary, replace the chain and auto tensioner.