Q: Loud grinding sounds when it rains or snows

asked by on May 24, 2016

I took my car to the dealership multiple times already because of the same problem. The car makes a loud grinding sound. It happens when I drive over a water puddle or make a turn to the right. It only happens when the weather is bad, either raining or showing. I was told that the issue was due to the anti-lock brakes.Another time they diagnosed it, they had the drive shaft rplaced. However, it happened again. I cannot go to the dealership again. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It sounds to me like the antilock brakes are engaging since the wheels would change speed when you hit a puddle or when you turn and hit a puddle. Make sure all your tires match sizes and brands. This could cause the wheel speeds to be different. If all of this is okay and it still makes this sound, then have a mechanic that can service the antilock brakes inspect the noise. They should also look into diagnosing your wheel speed sensors to see if there is a fault there.