Q: my 2003 camry does not have oil pressure

asked by on September 01, 2017

I replaced the rod bearings on and 03 camry le 2.4 vvt-i. 255k+ miles but no sludge. Ran great for about a week, then the dreaded oil light popped on. I tested it, was getting no oil pressure, figured the pump went out, replaced oil pump and oil sending unit, still no oil pressure. Did i possibly miss some rule of thumb trick with toyotas? Or where do i look to next?

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Be sure the pick up screen, and pick up tube, in the oil pan are not blocked. Then, measure pump pressure as close to the pump as possible; there should be a test plug at which you can attach a gauge. If you find no pump output (pressure), then the pump is not being driven and there is a mechanical problem. There is a pump pressure relief valve. If that is stuck open, that could cause loss of pressure. If you find normal pump output pressure but no pressure at the sending unit, there are only two possibilities: an oil gallery line blockage or somehow main bearing clearance became really large thus causing the oil to bleed off as it flows through. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine oil pressure diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr