Q: I need the fuse description for my 2010 Ford Expedition.

asked by on March 21, 2017

Okay I started having problems with my A/C so I opened the fuse box but was confused and I went online to find the fuse description (which is a description that tells which fuse number controls what and how many amps it should be) I found a diagram that looked like the diagram of the car fuse box but then the diagram was for Ford E-350 at first the A/C kicked in but then the car started stalling before starting and the traction light on the instrument cluster became faulty, fortunately I was able to put things back where they belonged and the car worked fine except the compressor which wasn't kicking in because the mechanic I went to stole the fuse. Therefore, my main problem is finding the fuse description (which is a description that tells which fuse number controls what and how many amps it should be). I have the diagram for the fuse box I just need the fuse description, Please help me find this description I have searched for 3 days and haven't found it. Please help me find it. TIA

The information you are looking for should be in your owners manual. The manual will tell you where each fuse box is, describe the circuit each fuse controls and show the amperage rating of each fuse so when they are replaced the wrong one isn’t put in. If you do not have your owners manual, you may be able to find one at your local dealer and you may be able to order one from the internet as well. Fuse #30 should be a 10amp fuse that feeds power to the ac compressor clutch coil through the AC compressor relay. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out to help you get the fuses right and offer a more personal diagnosis of your a/c concern if the problem was not just a fuse.