Q: My 95 Mitsubishi. Eclipse is not shifting out of second gear automatic transmission was driving 👌 then cant shift outof 2nd

I just got the car it was driving fine then all of a sudden it just wont shift out of second i havent tried manually shifting it from first n second to drive yet but what are the possible things that can cause this issue is it a simple fix or expensive. help

1995 was about the time that everybody was switching to electronic transmission control and I believe yours was one of those. This means that a computer under the dashboard reads the signals from various electronic sensors and makes the decision when to shift. It also means that the computer can store trouble codes when a component isn’t working properly. Your problem could be with the electronic controls or the shift solenoids, neither of which would require major work on the transmission. What you need is to have the codes read by someone who knows how to interpret them and then choose a course of action from there. Contact YourMehcanic to have a technician come out to your home or office to check out your shifting problem and let you know what is the solution.

3. My 95 Mitsubishi. Eclipse is not shifting out of second gear automatic transmission was driving 👌 then cant shift outof 2nd