Q: Air suspension issues

asked by on October 14, 2016

Having problems with my Range Rover suspension it keeps going on and off and adjusting to different positions then it will say air suspension inactive then a few miles later the suspension will re adjust and work again. Can you tell me what is wrong ?

Range Rover air suspension is a tricky system. It’s usually trouble free for the first few years, but often when the problems start, it can be the beginning of a long story. The air suspension system consists of a compressor, a pressure tank, the four air bags at the the corners, 2 height sensors, a valve body, and a controller. Any and all of these components are subject to failure.

Sometimes the air bags develop leaks, and they are relatively easy to replace, but the only way to diagnose problems in the control system is with a Range Rover specific scan tool. The best way to begin solving your problem is to contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to thoroughly diagnose your suspensions system and check the system for leaks. Fixing all the leaks is always the first step in the diagnosis. That may solve your problem. If not, from that point the technician can discuss your options for sorting out the control system issues that may exist.