Q: My car keeps overheating

I have a few problems with my car: it overheats, keeps shifting, and has a leak.

Hi there. There are many components to your cooling system and any of them that are malfunctioning can cause your vehicle’s overheating issue. Your vehicle’s sporadic shifting is caused by an issue in your transmission.

As for the leak, I’d recommend having a mechanic diagnose the type of fluid and location of leak. The leak is likely related to the your transmissions issue or overheating issue depending on the type of fluid that is found. All of your symptoms can be diagnosed by a certified mechanic who can let you know what repairs are needed to get your car functioning like normal again.