Q: Gas not going through new filter

asked by on February 05, 2016

My car wants to start, but the gas is not going through the new filter.

Fuel Filter Replacement $82.95 - $292.56 Get a Quote

If you have recently installed a new fuel filter, ensure that the filter was installed correctly. Fuel filters are only designed for the fuel to flow in one direction. If the fuel filter was installed backwards, this will prevent the flow of fuel through the filter. If you installed it yourself, I would recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your fuel filter to see if you may have made a mistake. If a certified mechanic was the one who replaced your fuel filter, return to them and have them take a look at it, as it would likely be covered under warranty.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr