Q: Mercedes Benz 190e car does not move when I step on the gas pedal a wire popped it's goes down all the way to the floor

asked by on February 06, 2017

When I was driving I tried to accelerate but didn't move the gas pedal when all the way down to the floor like something popped and my car don't have any heat

Accelerator Cable Replacement $92.15 - $359.90 Get a Quote
Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You probably broke a throttle cable. It’s just a short cable that goes from the accelerator to a complicated looking linkage on the intake manifold. This isn’t a common failure so you may want to look hard at the linkage to see if there is something binding that would cause the cable to give up. As for your heat, that is probably an unrelated problem. First you want to be sure the engine is full of coolant. Then you want to watch the temperature gauge to see if the engine is coming up to operating temperature. If not you will want to replace the thermostat. If you’d rather pass these tasks on to a professional, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to replace your accelerator cable and look at your heat problem