Q: Car cranks and idles good but when in drive and reverse it goes to sputtering you can accelerate and decelerate and it runs fine

When I accelerate or decelerate the car runs good but once it gets to the point of just maintaining one speed it goes to jump in and the motor see me and it ran good up to cold weather

My car has an automatic transmission. I have had this car put on 4 different computers and Code Red and everyone has been different the car runs great at an idle but it's just when you engage in gear it goes to stuttering I don't have a lot of money to spend on it so any help I could get would be greatly appreciated my phone number is also 251-363-5973 if anybody can help me I would appreciate it

Hi there. Are there any warning lights illuminated? You mentioned having the codes checked, what were the codes? The codes are not a diagnosis, they simply lead the technician to the system or direction of diagnosis. Does it idle rough only in "D" or in all gears? Based on the limited information at hand it sounds like the torque converter clutch could be trying to lock or a failing torque converter stator. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car idles rough inspection.

• Car cranks and idles good but when in drive and reverse it goes to sputtering you can accelerate and decelerate and it runs fine