Q: My battery cables are to short to reach the battery can I just add some wire or do I have to replace the whole thing

My battery cables won't reach the top battery. I recently changed my terminals and just cut off the old ones with the wire still clamped inside, now that the cable wire is shorter it won't reach to connect with the battery, can I just add wire to make it longer or do I have to change out the battery cables ?

Hello. I would recommend purchasing and installing the correct length cables to avoid any potential connection issues when adding additional battery cable wire. As you may know, there are different thicknesses of electrical wire required for different loads of electricity to pass through them. Additionally, any time there is wire spliced together like this, you run the risk of connectivity issues. I would recommend purchasing the correct length cables to install.

• My battery cables are to short to reach the battery can I just add some wire or do I have to replace the whole thing