Q: 95 blazer s10 wont crank or start

asked by on March 21, 2018

Was headed to lunch today, and my blazer wouldnt crank. Ive had minor issues over th last week when starting it up. Sometimes it takes a second to crank, sometimes it cranks instantly (almost too quick), and then again at times its normal. Well i blamed it not cranking on the battery, due to the recent weather. So i went and bought a new battery, installed it, and boom, no difference. The vehicle has power(lights, radio, ect.) But will not crank or turn over. Tapped on the starter, tried starting it in different gears, checked the fuse panel inside, just about everything i could think of with my little knowledge. No click, no tick, nothing. Vehicle was slightly low on oil, but that shouldnt affect it starting should it? Also installed a radio a couple wks ago. Left the knee panels loose until the dash kit came in the mail to complete install. But everything worked just fine until lunch. Could it be the neutral safety switch or something minor? Or do i have a bigger issue to worry about

If you’re not getting any click or sound at all, then it’s likely that you have a problem at the ignition switch, a starter relay, or the associated wiring. In older cars, sometimes it just takes a hand under the dashboard to rattle things loose, so it may even be related to your radio installation. The only way to tell for sure is a point to point test with a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. You can have that checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to diagnose your starting problem right there on the spot.