Q: Melting spark plug wire boots

Spark plug wire boots keep melting I've put 8 sets of wires in last 3 months auto parts store suggested Kevlar sleeves like the ones used on race cars with headers but they still melt what can I do to fix this problem

If you have had to replace spark plug wires due to melting them then you need to use a stethoscope to check around the burned plug wires to see if there is exhaust leaks from the manifold gaskets and replace the gaskets and check manifolds for cracks or warped surfaces. Replace the manifolds if warped or cracked with new gaskets. If no leaks are found at the manifolds and they are original equipment type manifolds and plug wires then your engine need to be checked to see if it is running too lean or rich causing the exhaust to get too hot. You can do this by having the computer scanned for codes and getting exhaust gases checked using a gas analyser to see of the exhaust gases are within specifications.