Q: I had a fuel pump,filter,and the gas tank cleaned and lined in my 1985 Cadillac Seville the car is surging it cuts off but crank r

asked by on May 03, 2017

My car is surging not all the time but it does the car cuts off when it surge and cranks right back up as long my foot in the gas it's good I had a fuel pump,filter,and the gas tank cleaned and realign what's the problem with the car

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be experiencing a wide variety of issues. Considering the age of the vehicle, the list can get even more extensive. Unfortunately, this is going to be a process of elimination until the problem is resolved. If you have not considered the air intake, you may want to look further into the MAP sensor and the throttle body. After all, this is what you are controlling by pressing on the gas pedal. Looking into the vacuum supply, the spark plugs, and the spark plug wires may also be beneficial in your situation. Only further inspection focusing on the air and spark systems first will tell. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.