Q: ECT Engine Coolant Sensor Removal

The space is really tight in that area, AND the ECT sensor connector at the top of the sensor is larger than the threads on the sensor. Can you tell me exactly what socket or tool I will need to remove it and where I can get it at? I have tried Autozone, Pepboys, Oreilly, Napa, and Sears with no luck.

The tool is an open end wrench or a line wrench that should be a 3/4 inch for most sensors of this type. Take the new sensor with you to get the exact size you need since some were a metric 18mm. A socket does not fit due to the large connector size. If you need help removing or replacing your coolant temperature sensor, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service for you.

3. ECT Engine Coolant Sensor Removal