Q: White smoke coming from tailpipe

My truck is overheating. A lot of white smoke is coming from the exhaust pipe, the Check Engine light is on, and the heater has stopped working.

The white smoke is a sign that coolant or water is leaking into the cylinders. The radiator and overflow container are examined and checked for the right amount of fluids. The engine oil is checked next to make sure it has not been contaminated with coolant. If your oil looks like a chocolate milkshake, it has been contaminated with coolant. I would recommend replacing the head gasket. This will stop the coolant from leaking into the cylinders, overheating, and the white smoke. I would have the smoke inspected by a certified mechanic to make sure that this problem is taken care of properly.