Q: My 1995 Honda Acoord runs in the start position but dies in run position on key switch

When I turn the key to the acc or on position I can't move the shift lever & the car will only run in the start position when I let go of the key the car dies. Just wondering if it might be the lock cilander or the ignition switch ?

A: Hello. Most of the time, this issue is due ...

Hello. Most of the time, this issue is due to the ignition switch. The lock cylinder will not typically cause this. I usually remove the lock cylinder and make sure it moves freely when it is removed. If it does, then I turn the ignition switch to check for binding. Most of the time the ignition switch begins to melt and bind causing what you described. If you need to have this starting issue looked into, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.