Q: My 98 Jaguar xj8l won't start, clicking noise

Car won't start makes clicking sound.

A: This could be caused by a few things on you...

This could be caused by a few things on your 1998 Jaguar XJ8. A low battery charge can cause this. If the battery is good, then listen for where the noise is coming from.

If you get a click from the starter but nothing happens, it could be the starter. If the starter engages the flywheel, makes a clunk noise and thats it, then you could have a locked up engine.

If you only hear a click from the relay box, you may have a wiring issue or a bad connection. First check all the fuses to make sure that they are good. If you still need help with this, a certified technician will be able to diagnose the starting problem and fix this properly.