Q: Check Engine Light blinking fast

The Check Engine Light is blinking at a fast speed. The engine shakes when I am driving, and idling. Also, the car hesitates when starting from idle, and when going from a low speed to a higher speed.

You most likely have an engine misfire. The cause could be an ignition coil, spark plug, or plug boot problem, such as the valve cover leaking oil into the spark plug hole, shorting the coil out. I recommend that you have a mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, come by and to scan your car’s computer and diagnose the cause of your Check Engine Light.