Q: Turn signal fuse keeps blowing.

Turning on the turn signal blows the fuse after about 3 to 5 seconds of use, even with a 25 amp fuse installed in a 20 amp circuit. The hazard lights work fine.

A: First of all, you should never install a fu...

First of all, you should never install a fuse with a higher amperage rating than what is specified. Fuses are designed to blow at a certain amperage rating to protect the rest of the circuit. If the fuse keeps blowing, there is a short somewhere. A factory wiring diagram will need to be consulted in order to hunt down the short. A technician well versed in electrical repair will be able to diagnose and repair your problem. I suggest the professionals at YourMechanic.

Recommended services
Get a Quote