Q: Battery runs down in two days if the engine is not running. The alternator has 14 volts.

Has a short battery is down if not run alternator putting out 14 votes into Chevralet dealer they had it for two days did not fix problem another auto repair shop spent $735 4 days in shop the same problem

Hi there. It seems that there is a parasitic load on your vehicle’s battery when the vehicle is sitting and not running. Check the battery for a voltage and see if the charge is 12.6 volts. If the battery is low, then you will need to charge the battery first. Then remove the negative (-) battery cable from the negative (-) battery post. Take a digital volt meter and check for a voltage when hooking a lead up to the negative (-) battery cable and the other lead up to the negative (-) battery post. If there is a voltage of 5 volts or higher, then there is something on when the vehicle is turned off. Make sure that the ignition key is out of the car. Go in the vehicle and turn on one object at a time until the volt meter reads 0 volts or near 0. Then that item is what needs repaired or replaced. If you need further assistance with your battery going dead in two days, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Battery runs down in two days if the engine is not running. The alternator has 14 volts.