Q: Hesitates with acceleration, check engine light blinks when gas is pressed. White smoke coming out exhaust but disappears

asked by on December 30, 2016

After engines warms smoke disappears. Sputters while at light or stop sign...

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello...If the check engine light is flashing, that signifies a condition, such as active engine misfiring, that should be investigated and resolved promptly to avoid further damage to engine components, not to mention the catalytic converter. The recommended service is a check engine light diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will download the diagnostic trouble codes that have caused the check engine light to illuminate and then begin the diagnosis from there using those codes. The possibilities range from ignition system faults such as defective spark plugs or coils to fuel system problems such as inadequate fuel pressure, defective (plugged) fuel injectors, and air induction system problems. Whatever the issue is, the fact that codes have set, and are downloadable, means that the root cause will be fairly readily identified by the mechanic. Once identified, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a cost estimate for the required repairs. If you have further concerns, by all means let us know.