Q: Car overheats and no heat 2004 Nissan Cube3

So it's happened a few times already where I let the car warm up in the morning, when warm enough i leave for work in a calm manner. After about 2 blocks of driving at about 35-40mph, the car will begin to overheat. I'd pulled over, let the car cool, checked water, oil, and whatever I could check with the little sunlight and time I had. After it cooled, I drove off and it didn't overheat again. This happened two times before I realized that the heater didn't blow hot air in the mornings unless I floored the pedal, driving the speed and RPMs up which seemed to cause a valve or vent to open (based from what I could hear). Almost immediately after hearing that noise hot air would blast through the vents and the car was guaranteed to not overheat. The car is a 2004 Nissan Cube 3 from Japan, if that helps (wasn't a selecting option).

Hi there - your symptoms may describe more than one problem. A weak water pump could cause inadequate water circulation that is causing both overheating, and poor heater function. The engine overheat, but not heat until you rev the engine could be a combination of a sticking thermostat (sticking close to shut), and a sticking heater control valve (close to sticking shut also, and limiting the flow of hot water through the heater core. I recommend an overheating inspection and a heater inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car overheats and no heat 2004 Nissan Cube3