Q: Car jerks while driving and warning lights are on - 2001 Ford Focus

What can be the issue when car started jerking twice in a row while driving then the temperature, abs, traction,& brake illuminated while engine still running

The major causes of sputtering or jerking while driving are caused by fuel, spark, or electrical issues. Due to the number of emergency warning lights that flash, it is likely a power supply issue. This can be caused by a faulty battery.

Start by having the vehicle tested for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This may shine some light on the situation. You can also test the battery to make sure it working. Other parts that can cause these types of issues include the spark plugs, spark wires, distributor, fuel pump, and fuel injectors. Computer issues may also be to blame. The best way to figure out where to start is from the results of a diagnostic scan or by process of elimination.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the warning lights are on and suggest the necessary repairs.