Q: Loss of power my tool says map sencors is bad burning rich

The car has lost its power my scan tool says po0105 it's the map sensor it's burning rich i just want to make sure that's the prob and the cat is not plugged up I checked

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. If the engine light is on for code P0105, then the computer has lost communication from the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. Check the harness to the sensor for any corrosion and look at the pins inside the sensor. Make sure that the pins are not bent or broken. Get a digital meter and check for resistance on the MAP sensor with the engine off and engine running. If there is no resistance, then the sensor has failed. If there is resistance, check to see if the resistance is changing as the engine changes state from off to running. If the resistance does not change, then the sensor has failed. If the resistance is changing with the engine off and the engine on, then there could be a break in the harness to the computer. The sensor may fail as it gets to a specific temperature. I recommend replacing the sensor if you are not getting a resistance or a resistance is not changing. If you need assistance in diagnosing your engine, I recommend having a professional from YourMechanic replace your MAP sensor if necessary.