Q: How do I remove the seat track on an '02 Ford Explorer?

My seat motor has stopped working on me. Thus, I've taken it upon myself to go to the junkyard and get a new seat track but once I removed the seat from the truck at the junkyard, the track proved far more difficult to remove than I assumed. Now I'm trying to figure out how to remove the track on my current seat so I can replace it. I've removed the seat and its sitting infront of me now. Any help would be great.

Hello there. The seat track failure is a common failure. If the motor went bad, then it may be easier to just replace the motor itself. Seat tracks generally just bolt to the seat frame, if it does not bolt to the seat frame, then it may be built in. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your power seat and perform any repairs required.

3. How do I remove the seat track on an '02 Ford Explorer?