Q: Recall for Catalytic Converter on my 2003 Nissan Sentra

I have read in a forum that my cat converter can be replaced for free, but when I called a Nissan dealership they told me otherwise. Should I keep pressing the issue with them or would that be a waste of time?

Hello. On most vehicles the catalytic converter can usually be covered for the first 10 years or 100,000 miles. Once you surpass either of these, the converter will not be covered whether it is under warranty or recall. If you need to have the converter replaced at this point, you are going to need to pay for it. If you are going to need to have your catalytic converter replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Recall for Catalytic Converter on my 2003 Nissan Sentra